Analyst calls: United Continental upgraded
TiVo is downgraded at 2 firms, and Morgan Stanley is initiated with an 'outperform.'
Friday's noteworthy upgrades include:
- Abercrombie & Fitch (ANF) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at BofA/Merrill
- Broadcom (BRCM) upgraded to Outperform from Neutral at Macquarie
- Brocade (BRCD) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at ISI Group
- J.M. Smucker (SJM) upgraded to Buy from Hold at Gabelli
- Kroger (KR) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at Cleveland Research
- Tyson Foods (TSN) upgraded to Overweight from Equal Weight at Stephens
- United Continental (UAL) upgraded to Neutral from Sell at Goldman
- Vale (VALE) upgraded to Outperform from Underperform at Bernstein
- Yum Brands (YUM) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at UBS
- Lululemon (LULU) upgraded to Underperform from Sell at CLSA
- Alpha Natural (ANR) downgraded to Underperform from Outperform at Raymond James
- Arch Coal (ACI) downgraded to Underperform from Market Perform at Raymond James
- Intel (INTC) downgraded to Underweight from Neutral at Piper Jaffray
- JPMorgan (JPM) downgraded to Neutral from Outperform at Macquarie
- MannKind (MNKD) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at BofA/Merrill
- Peabody Energy (BTU) downgraded to Market Perform from Outperform at Raymond James
- Sprint (S) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at Nomura
- TiVo (TIVO) downgraded to Equal Weight from Overweight at Barclays and to Neutral from Buy at Lazard Capital
- VMware (VMW) downgraded to Hold from Buy at Drexel Hamilton
- Rue21 (RUE) downgraded to Hold from Buy at Jefferies
- ARM Holdings (ARMH) initiated with a Hold at Topeka
- Bank of America (BAC) initiated with an Underperform at Macquarie
- Broadcom (BRCM) initiated with a Buy at Topeka
- Citigroup (C) initiated with an Outperform at Macquarie
- Garmin (GRMN) initiated with an Outperform at Raymond James
- Goldman Sachs (GS) coverage resumed with a Neutral at Macquarie
- Mellanox (MLNX) initiated with a Hold at Topeka
- Morgan Stanley (MS) initiated with an Outperform at Macquarie
- Qualcomm (QCOM) initiated with a Hold at Topeka
- Take-Two (TTWO) initiated with a Buy at Stifel
- Wolverine World Wide (WWW) initiated with a Neutral at Piper Jaffray
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Morningstar Inc. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Morningstar Inc. Quotes delayed by up to 15 minutes, except where indicated otherwise. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by Morningstar Inc.
New study finds members of this global elite are stashing an average $600 million each in cash -- 10 times more than a year ago.
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Top Stocks provides analysis about the most noteworthy stocks in the market each day, combining some of the best content from around the MSN Money site and the rest of the Web.
Contributors include professional investors and journalists affiliated with MSN Money.
Follow us on Twitter @topstocksmsn.