Analyst calls: Visa, MasterCard initiated with 'buy'
Expedia, Philip Morris and Las Vegas Sands are downgraded to 'neutral.'
Thursday's noteworthy upgrades include:
- Madison Square Garden (MSG) upgraded to Overweight from Underweight at Morgan Stanley
- Pacific Sunwear (PSUN) upgraded to Neutral from Underweight at Piper Jaffray
- Wipro (WIT) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at BofA/Merrill
- Mobile TeleSystems (MBT) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at BofA/Merrill
- Expedia (EXPE) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at Citigroup
- THQ Inc. (THQI) downgraded to Hold from Buy at Brean Murray and to Sector Perform from Outperform at Pacific Crest
- Valero Energy (VLO) downgraded to Outperform from Top Pick at RBC Capital
- Philip Morris (PM) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at Nomura
- Las Vegas Sands (LVS) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at Janney Capital
- Baker Hughes (BHI) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at Guggenheim
- Oceaneering (OII) initiated with a Neutral at Goldman
- American Capital Agency (AGNC) initiated with an Overweight at Morgan Stanley
- Visa (V) reinstated with a Buy at BofA/Merrill
- MasterCard (MA) reinstated with a Buy at BofA/Merrill
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
An interest rate tease in The Wall Street Journal sends the market into an optimistic tizzy -- but one that doesn't end quite at the top.
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Top Stocks provides analysis about the most noteworthy stocks in the market each day, combining some of the best content from around the MSN Money site and the rest of the Web.
Contributors include professional investors and journalists affiliated with MSN Money.
Follow us on Twitter @topstocksmsn.