Analyst calls: Visa, MasterCard initiated with 'buy'
Expedia, Philip Morris and Las Vegas Sands are downgraded to 'neutral.'
Thursday's noteworthy upgrades include:
- Madison Square Garden (MSG) upgraded to Overweight from Underweight at Morgan Stanley
- Pacific Sunwear (PSUN) upgraded to Neutral from Underweight at Piper Jaffray
- Wipro (WIT) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at BofA/Merrill
- Mobile TeleSystems (MBT) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at BofA/Merrill
- Expedia (EXPE) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at Citigroup
- THQ Inc. (THQI) downgraded to Hold from Buy at Brean Murray and to Sector Perform from Outperform at Pacific Crest
- Valero Energy (VLO) downgraded to Outperform from Top Pick at RBC Capital
- Philip Morris (PM) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at Nomura
- Las Vegas Sands (LVS) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at Janney Capital
- Baker Hughes (BHI) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at Guggenheim
- Oceaneering (OII) initiated with a Neutral at Goldman
- American Capital Agency (AGNC) initiated with an Overweight at Morgan Stanley
- Visa (V) reinstated with a Buy at BofA/Merrill
- MasterCard (MA) reinstated with a Buy at BofA/Merrill
MORE ON MSN MONEY
Copyright © 2013 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Quotes are real-time for NASDAQ, NYSE and AMEX. See delay times for other exchanges.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Thomson Reuters (click for restrictions). Real-time quotes provided by BATS Exchange. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Interactive Data Real-Time Services. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by SIX Financial Information.
The auto parts giant beats Wall Street expectations, while continuing to expand its stores in the U.S. and Mexico.
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Top Stocks provides analysis about the most noteworthy stocks in the market each day, combining some of the best content from around the MSN Money site and the rest of the Web.
Contributors include professional investors and journalists affiliated with MSN Money.
Follow us on Twitter @topstocksmsn.