Analyst calls: Chesapeake downgraded
Altria is upgraded to 'buy,' and Red Robin is downgraded to 'neutral.'
Thursday's noteworthy upgrades include:
- ACE Ltd. (ACE) upgraded to Outperform from Market Perform at Wells Fargo
- Alkermes (ALKS) upgraded to Overweight from Equal Weight at Morgan Stanley
- CGG Veritas (CGV) upgraded to Neutral from Sell at Citigroup
- Credit Suisse (CS) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at Nomura
- Delta Air Lines (DAL) upgraded to Buy from Sell at Goldman
- News Corp. (NWSA) upgraded to Outperform from Market Perform at Bernstein
- Ryder (R) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at Goldman
- Wynn Resorts (WYNN) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at Lazard Capital
- Altria Group (MO) upgraded to Buy from Hold at Stifel Nicolaus
- American Tower (AMT) upgraded to Overweight from Equal Weight at Evercore
- AIG (AIG) downgraded to Market Perform from Outperform at Wells Fargo
- CSX (CSX) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at Goldman
- Chesapeake (CHK) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at SunTrust
- EMC (EMC) downgraded to Equal Weight from Overweight at Morgan Stanley
- Hertz Global (HTZ) downgraded to Underweight from Overweight at Morgan Stanley
- Legg Mason (LM) downgraded to Market Perform from Outperform at Keefe Bruyette
- Microsoft (MSFT) downgraded to Equal Weight from Overweight at Morgan Stanley (Microsoft owns and publishes Top Stocks, an MSN Money site.)
- Red Robin (RRGB) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at BofA/Merrill
- St. Jude Medical (STJ) downgraded to Market Perform from Outperform at BMO Capital
- VeriFone (PAY) downgraded to Sector Perform from Outperform at RBC Capital
- Petrobras (PBR) downgraded to Neutral from Outperform at Macquarie
- Alcoa (AA) downgraded to Underperform from Neutral at Macquarie
- Post Properties (PPS) downgraded to Underweight from Hold at KeyBanc
- Huntsman (HUN) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at UBS
- Coca-Cola (KO) downgraded to Hold from Buy at Argus
- Asbury Automotive (ABG) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at Buckingham
MORE ON MSN MONEY
Copyright © 2013 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Quotes are real-time for NASDAQ, NYSE and AMEX. See delay times for other exchanges.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Thomson Reuters (click for restrictions). Real-time quotes provided by BATS Exchange. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Interactive Data Real-Time Services. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by SIX Financial Information.
The market's cheap money addiction is laid bare. No one knows how it will end.
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Top Stocks provides analysis about the most noteworthy stocks in the market each day, combining some of the best content from around the MSN Money site and the rest of the Web.
Contributors include professional investors and journalists affiliated with MSN Money.
Follow us on Twitter @topstocksmsn.