Analyst calls: AstraZeneca upgraded to 'buy'
Kraft Foods is upgraded to 'overweight,' and VeriFone is downgraded to 'sell.'
Monday's noteworthy upgrades include:
- AstraZeneca (AZN) upgraded to Buy from Hold at Jefferies and to Neutral from Underweight at JPMorgan
- Kraft Foods (KFT) upgraded to Overweight from Neutral at JPMorgan
- Calpine (CPN) upgraded to Buy from Hold at Jefferies
- Chesapeake (CHK) upgraded to Outperform from Market Perform at BMO Capital
- British Sky Broadcasting (BSYBY) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at Citigroup
- PPG Industries (PPG) upgraded to Outperform from Neutral at Credit Suisse
- Dollar General (DG) upgraded to Strong Buy from Outperform at Raymond James
- Cerner (CERN) upgraded to Outperform from Market Perform at Raymond James
- Medtronic (MDT) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at Lazard Capital
- Alcatel-Lucent (ALU) downgraded to Underperform from Sector Perform at RBC Capital
- Nokia (NOK) downgraded to Sector Perform from Outperform at RBC Capital
- PPL Corp. (PPL) downgraded to Hold from Buy at Jefferies
- VeriFone (PAY) downgraded to Sell from Hold at Deutsche Bank
- Procter & Gamble (PG) downgraded to Perform from Outperform at Oppenheimer
- TransCanada (TRP) downgraded Sector Outperformer at CIBC
- Ford (F) downgraded to Hold from Buy at Craig-Hallum
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
The company is scrambling to protect its equities arm, which could face declining volume and revenue as competitors close the gap.
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Top Stocks provides analysis about the most noteworthy stocks in the market each day, combining some of the best content from around the MSN Money site and the rest of the Web.
Contributors include professional investors and journalists affiliated with MSN Money.
Follow us on Twitter @topstocksmsn.