Analyst calls: Gilead downgraded to 'equal weight'
Garmin is upgraded to 'outperform,' while Oracle is downgraded to 'market perform.'
Tuesday's noteworthy upgrades include:
- Life Technologies (LIFE) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at Citigroup
- Whiting Petroleum (WLL) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at Pritchard
- Unum Group (UNM) upgraded to Overweight from Neutral at JPMorgan
- Broadcom (BRCM) upgraded to Buy from Hold at Auriga
- Garmin (GRMN) upgraded to Outperform from Market Perform at Avondale
- Oracle (ORCL) downgraded to Market Perform from Outperform at JMP Securities
- Gilead (GILD) downgraded to Equal Weight from Overweight at Barclays
- Host Hotels (HST) downgraded to Equal Weight from Overweight at Morgan Stanley
- Energy Transfer Partners (ETP) downgraded to Market Perform from Outperform at Wells Fargo
- Norfolk Southern (NSC) downgraded to Neutral from Overweight at JPMorgan
- CSX (CSX) downgraded to Neutral from Overweight at JPMorgan
- Anadarko (APC) downgraded to Neutral from Overweight at JPMorgan
- KLA-Tencor (KLAC) downgraded to Neutral from Overweight at JPMorgan
- Limited (LTD) downgraded to Neutral from Positive at Susquehanna
- Under Armour (UA) downgraded to Hold from Buy at Needham
- Marriott (MAR) downgraded to Neutral from Overweight at Atlantic Equities
- Taiwan Semiconductor (TSM) downgraded to Neutral from Buy at BofA/Merrill
MORE ON MSN MONEY
Copyright © 2013 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Quotes are real-time for NASDAQ, NYSE and AMEX. See delay times for other exchanges.
Fundamental company data and historical chart data provided by Thomson Reuters (click for restrictions). Real-time quotes provided by BATS Exchange. Real-time index quotes and delayed quotes supplied by Interactive Data Real-Time Services. Fund summary, fund performance and dividend data provided by Morningstar Inc. Analyst recommendations provided by Zacks Investment Research. StockScouter data provided by Verus Analytics. IPO data provided by Hoover's Inc. Index membership data provided by SIX Financial Information.
All hail the bull market, which ended the week with a big rally. But it also is starting to look a little like 1987, which suffered an epic blow-out.
VIDEO ON MSN MONEY
Top Stocks provides analysis about the most noteworthy stocks in the market each day, combining some of the best content from around the MSN Money site and the rest of the Web.
Contributors include professional investors and journalists affiliated with MSN Money.
Follow us on Twitter @topstocksmsn.